Create a better smile with improved flossing habits. Dental floss is an essential key to oral health because it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing simply can’t reach. For a list of optimum tips and techniques for dental floss, see the list below:
– A normal flossing session should last between 2-3 minutes. Be sure to floss between each and every tooth, curving along the root and gumline at the bottom of each tooth.
– You’ll want to use a strand that is roughly 18 inches in length so that you can use a fresh section between each tooth.
– To avoid contamination, throw away each piece of floss after you use it.
– Single filament thread is typically known to be of better quality that multi-filament thread. Why? It’s stronger and is much less likely to shred or break while you floss.
– If it is difficult for you to floss, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner like a water flosser.
– Use dental cleaning products that are clinically safe for your teeth. This includes products that have been awarded the ADA Seal of Acceptance as well as products that Dr. Jayson C. Haws and other reputable dentists recommend for you.
Have more questions on improving your flossing routine? Dr. Jayson C. Haws and our team at Haws Family Dentistry will help you. If you would like to schedule a visit to our dentist office in Brigham City, Utah, please call us at 435-734-9144. We look forward to hearing from you soon!