The following is a list of practices that can help you maintain your dental hygiene and health at home:
- Brush at least twice a day to remove plaque formed from meals eaten throughout the day.
- Make sure to brush the outer and inner surfaces of each tooth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside of the front teeth.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Floss at least once a day to help clean spaces between your teeth and disrupt plaque colonies from building up, in order to prevent damage to the gums, teeth, and bone.
- Rinse your mouth with water after brushing and after meals if you are unable to brush.
If you implement these practices in your daily life and participate in regularly scheduled visits to our office, you will be rewarded with a beautiful and healthy smile. Proper dental hygiene will keep you from unnecessary pain and discomfort, increase your confidence, and give you a smile that will last a lifetime.
When you come to our practice, you may also be given special instructions to help you with any specific treatments that we suggest to improve your dental health. If you have any questions, please contact Haws Family Dentistry to let us know how we can help you maintain optimum oral hygiene and to schedule a visit with our dentist.