The holiday season may be over, but there are plenty of holidays that are scattered throughout the year which can present just as much risk to your teeth and gums as the others. With the season of love close at hand, we must continually do our best to keep our teeth healthy and clean so that they can continue to protect us for many seasons to come.
Give your smile a chance to shine all year long. Listed below are some Valentine’s Day oral health care suggestions:
– Avoid sweet treats: Sugary-sweet drinks and treats can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Avoid oral accidents: Watch out for oversized chocolate bars or hard candies as they may chip or crack your teeth. When it comes to sweets, never bite off more than you can chew.
– Choose sweets carefully: Replace chewy, sour, and hard candies with better options such as chocolate or sugarless gum. Look for sugarless gum with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make a plan: If you prepare in advance for your oral health care, you are less likely to suffer setbacks or overindulge on days of celebration or merrymaking.
– Schedule a visit: Always set aside time each year for oral exams and professional cleanings from our dentists at Haws Family Dentistry at our office in Brigham City, Utah.
Your oral health care should remain an integral part of your lifestyle all year long. For special occasions, such as Valentine’s Day, extra care and attention should be given to your teeth and gums. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Jayson C. Haws, please call our office at 435-734-9144. We make smiles brighter!